Powered By Blogger

Hello! Thanks for visiting the Preppy Pirate!

Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is happening in my life!
I appreciate the time, and I appreciate the comments!

Shopping tips and other searches

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Such a long time since my last post! Updates!

It has been a really long time since the last time that I posted. I have been in the process of moving to a new place, and then, getting ready to move to Arizona for the summer to be with my sweetheart while he is stationed here in Arizona.

I am now in the Uptown part of Dallas.
I want to tell all of you about this wonderful place that is wonderful and picturesque.
Katy Trail.
I have been from one end of Katy trail to the other. I have walked it, jogged it and I have biked it.
Katy Trail is a really beautiful trail that connects to several parks along its' path, as well as some really beautiful overlooks of several streets along its' trail.

Katy is a very well maintained hard surface trail. (Both cement and tar top) that is one of the best that I have been to in the world. (Literally the world) It is friendly, everyone is really aware of everyone else, and there is a police presence there in the evenings on the times when I have been there in the evenings.

There are call boxes along the Katy, they have designation numbers so that you can tell the police where you are when you call. There are also water fountains, but, to be honest, I would like it if there were a few more fountains.

I have seen walkers, runners, sprinters, bikers, skaters, skateboarders, and families as well as singles all out, enjoying the Katy Trail. This is really a wonderful place to go and be in the city, but not feel as though you are in the middle of the city.  The paths are nice and even, with gentle rolling hills and turns that lead to visual interest as you go. The design of this wellness place was very well done and thought out.

If you start out at the Highland Park side (Dallas side of Highland Park, of course!) and go all the way to the other side, you are rewarded with a majestic view of the American Airlines Center when you complete the trail. Riding up from the AA center, you will notice that you are going uphill, but it is not so dramatic that you feel the need to get off your bike and push it up if you are pedaling. It is noticeable, but not painful.

Have not been on the trail yet? Look them up online, see where it is located and go see the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Your thoughts mean the world to me.