Powered By Blogger

Hello! Thanks for visiting the Preppy Pirate!

Thank you for stopping by and seeing what is happening in my life!
I appreciate the time, and I appreciate the comments!

Shopping tips and other searches

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vera Bradley and Lilly Pulitzer


Oh Vera Bradley. I love some of your lovely things. One of my favorite things is your lovely rugs.
Darlings, please let me explain. The difference between a rug and a carpet is that a rug is moveable and a carpet is installed. Rugs may be placed, carpets are laid.


Vera Bradley rugs remind me of Lilly Pulitzer. Bright and cheerful motifs, happy designs, and a festive and vibrant feel to them. They seem to be able to evoke a feeling of innocence and youth, and add a festivity to a place.
 Don't get me wrong. I really like Lilly a lot. She makes me smile. The extreme bright neon greens and pinks never fail to lift me from a sour mood. In Carmel by the Sea, California, one of my favorite shops to go into is the non official Lilly store. It is simply very good.

In Dallas, at my favorite mall, Northpark, of course, there is also a Lilly shop to be found. I have not been there, yet, but it is now on my to-do list when I go into that mall.

1 comment:

  1. oh rugs can be moved and carpets are installed?
    i thought carpets and rugs are the same all these while! =P

    kenwooi.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Your thoughts mean the world to me.